Our collective strength – fuelled by the different backgrounds and perspectives of our employees – makes Visa a better place to work and a better business partner for our clients around the world. We believe that having an inclusive environment allows us to fully leverage the contributions of our employees, which then enriches our organisation and drives Visa’s global success.
Visa’s approach to D&I involves three key areas of focus:
- People First: Our goal at Visa is to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is reflective of the business and communities we support. We are looking for teams that bring diversity of thought, experience and backgrounds to the table at every level.
- Environment Is Key: We are focused on fostering an inclusive organisational environment that celebrates differences and encourages unique perspectives.
- Leaders Can Make a Difference: We are promoting cultural agility among all Visa leaders to maximise workforce engagement and ensure a more robust talent pipeline and leadership alignment and engagement.
As part of our efforts, Visa sponsors Diversity and Inclusion employee groups which support all aspects of diversity and inclusion at Visa, including employee resource groups, diversity and inclusion chapters, and the allies group. The employee groups host a variety of events, including seminars, workshops and presentations to enhance awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion as well as providing development experiences and business knowledge.
Visa continually seeks the best service, quality and value-at the best cost-by building mutually beneficial relationships with a broad and diverse supplier base.
Visa is committed to promoting relationships with minority-, woman-, disabled veteran-, disabled- and lesbian-, gay-, bisexual- and transgender-(LGBT) owned businesses, small business enterprises or enterprises located in historically underutilised business zones (HUBZones).
Our Supplier Diversity Programme is founded on three basic operating principles:
- Promoting business opportunities for diverse businesses and ensuring they have fair access to bid and contract opportunities.
- Growing the amount of quality products and services we procure directly from diverse suppliers or indirectly from companies who share our commitment to diversity.
- Communicating the value of supplier diversity, both internally and externally.